For centuries, diamond cutters have been looking for the best way to polish diamonds.
This age-old quest has led to the Lucére®. Every Lucére® is hand cut by master cutters in Belgium and South Africa.
The cutting process takes weeks; experienced technicians use the latest technology to check every facet for precision and brilliance.
Cut By Gauge® set out to design a square cut diamond that would outshine any other square cut on the market. With the existing philosophy of Cut By Gauge®, we applied the principles of cut being essential for brilliance and calculated standardized parameters for a square diamond that would ensure maximum sparkle. And so the Cut By Gauge® Lucére® Diamond was born.
- The girdle of each Lucére® stone is inscribed with the word Lucére® as well as a serial number for identification and the abbreviation ZA, which is the international country code for the Republic of South Africa.
- Available in a wide range of AGS and GIA Certified goods, as well as commercial and uncertified stones.
- Cut By Gauge® Lucére® Diamonds are cut from double octahedral crystals, the same rough that is used in the manufacture of round brilliant diamonds.
- The Lucére® diamond is a mixed cut stone combining the crown of a modified emerald cut with a pavilion similar to that of a round brilliant stone, yielding a total of 65 facets, 25 on the crown and 40 on the pavilion.
- The corners of the diamond have been cut making the Lucére easy to set and lending its shape to unique new designs, since it can be set in numerous ways in almost any mounting.
- The table and depth percentages have been standardized ensuring consistency in make and brilliance making the Lucére® the finest square cut available on the market today.